Before you apply...
Every year, the International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest receives a variety of skillful layouts from all over the world. Once again, we look forward to your submission of the best layout this year. One of the key points of planted aquarium is aquatic plants which have grown healthily and beautifully and also absence of noticeable algae. This is a basic yet very important factor. We hope to see your layout featuring attractive aquatic plants.
Freshwater planted aquarium (terrarium, marine aquarium cannot be applied)
* In case of open type aquarium, only underwater part is subject of grading.
IAPLC2019 Online Entry
Online application will open on April 1, 2019 (JST)
Closing Date for Application
The application must reach us no later than May 31, 2019 (JST)
* Online application until 24:00 (JST)
|Prize||Number||Prize money||Other prizes|
* Top winning entries will be published in the IAPLC Booklet (to be published in Fall, 2019) and various media, such as co-sponsored magazine or website.
* The number of works showcased in the contest booklet hasn't been decided, yet.
No Contest Entry Fee
◯Entrants must submit image data created with a compact digital camera, digital single lens reflex camera or others.
◯Image data file to be submitted must be in JPEG format (RAW data is not accepted).
◯Image must not be processed by way of trimming, reversal and retouching, etc. Do not delete the Exif information.
◯Use entry form on the official IAPLC website (Online Application) for entry. Online entry process is very simple - just fill in the form and attach your image data.
◯If the image data is resized for submission, the original image data must be retained. The original data is required for top-winning entries.
◯Printed photograph is unacceptable (Color reversal film is accepted).
◯Entrant can send image data saved in recordable media (USB, CD-R etc.). In that case, the media will not be returned.
Guidelines and Rules
◯This contest is open to everyone who has a planted aquarium, except those individuals who are involved in administration of, or judges of international aquascaping contests.*1
*1 This condition does not apply to ADA-authorized contests.
◯Only the work created by the entrant (individual) is accepted. There is no restriction in aquarium tank size.
◯Each entrant can submit only one entry. Multiple entries and registrations cannot be accepted. (Please apply by the name of the creator of the layout. Applying by names other than the creator of the layout or by false name may be subject of disqualification.)
* Any simultaneous submission of identical work, whether an identical or different photo cut, to other contests is prohibited. Entry that violates it is subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the world ranking. The submission of an identical work to the ADA-authorized contests listed in this announcement is accepted only if the contestant shall not release the work on the internet, publications or any distribution media prior to the official result announcement by ADA.
* Reuse of similar motif that has been demonstrated in any work formerly submitted to this Contest (including use of the same composition materials, rearrangement of any past layout through mere change of plants and reversal of any past layout) is subject to point deductions.
* Layout remarkably resembling any of the past top winning entries is subject to point deductions.
* Application is limited to the layout picture taken within a year prior to submission.
* The use of house plants or marginal plants which hardly survive in water, or use of layout material hard to maintain in a long period of time may become subject of point deductions.
* Any entry which can disgrace this Contest is subject to disqualification.
* Entry must be a picture of the entire aquarium taken from the front side (pictures taken from other angles and/or showing only a part of the aquarium may become subject of point deductions).
* The copyright of the entries belongs to Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. Use of any entry for advertisement and/or publication purposes without consent of Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. is strictly prohibited.
* Private disclosure of entry on social networking media must take place only after the official disclosure by Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd.
* Entry that has violated the Guidelines and Rules, and Submission Rules of this Contest is subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the world ranking.
* The picture of the layout can be taken by any person other than the creator of the layout.
* Please apply by the name of the creator of the layout. Applying by names other than the creator of the layout or by false name may be subject of disqualification.
* Entrant who provides insufficient and inaccurate information for entry and/or registration may not be able to participate in the Contest.
* Submitted images will not be returned to the contestants.
* In regard to issues related to similarity between works, and simultaneous submission of an identical work to a non-ADA authorized contest, the decision taken by the IAPLC steering committee is final.
* The number of works showcased in the contest booklet hasn’t been decided, yet.
* Please note that we do not take any questions regarding the grading of the Contest.
ADA-Authorized Contests in the World
AGA International Aquascaping Contest
CONCURSO BRASILEIRO DE AQUAPAISAGISMO (CBAP)
European Aquatic Plants Layout Contest (EAPLC)
Hungarian Aquascaping Contest (HAC)
IBERIAN AQUATIC & EMERSE CONTEST (IAEC)
The Great Indian Aquascaping Contest (TGIAC)
THE SOUTH AFRICAN AQUASCAPING CONTEST
* The ADA-authorized contests are subject to change. Please check the latest information.
Application (please choose one of below)
Digital data / Online application
We accept only JPEG types of image data sized less than 5MB.
Please prepare the image data of your aquatic layout before entry.
・Only images in JPEG format, less than 5MB insize, is accepted (RAW data cannot be accepted).
・Do not make any image processing such as trimming or retouch. Please do not delete Exif information.
・If the image data is resized for submission, the original image data must be retained. The original data is required for top-winning entries.
Color Reversal Film
・Any film size is accepted.
・Put the film in a mount, and write your name on the mount.
・Send the mounted film and application form (photocopy accepted) together.
Application Submission / inquiry
The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest Steering Committee
AQUA DESIGN AMANO CO., LTD.
8554-1 Urushiyama, Nishikan-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata, 953-0054 JAPAN