Before you apply...
Every year, the International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest receives a variety of skillful layouts from all over the world. Once again, we look forward to your submission of the best layout this year. One of the key points of planted aquarium is aquatic plants which have grown healthily and beautifully and also absence of noticeable algae. This is a basic yet very important factor. We hope to see your layout featuring attractive aquatic plants.
Closing Date for Application
The application must reach us no later than May 31, 2017(JST)
Freshwater planted aquarium (terrarium, marine aquarium cannot be applied)
* In case of open type aquarium, only underwater part is subject of grading.
|Prize||Number||Prize money||Other prizes|
* Top winning entries will be published in the IAPLC Booklet (to be published in Fall, 2017).
* The number of entries to be published on the Booklet is yet to be determined. Some low-ranked layouts may not be included in the Booklet.
Contest Rules and Regulations
○Both professionals and amateurs can participate in this Contest. Only the work created by the entrant (individual) is accepted (there is no restriction in aquarium tank size).
○Each entrant may submit only one piece of work. (Any application under a name of the entrant’s family member or anyone else is striclty prohibited.)
* Reuse of similar motif that has been demonstrated in any work formerly submitted to this Contest (including use of the same composition materials, rearrangement of any past layout through mere change of plants and reversal of any past layout) is subject to point deductions.
* A layout remarkably resembling any of the past top winning entries is subject to point deductions.
* Entered photograph must have been taken within one year prior to submission.
* Use of houseplant, marginal plant or other plants which hardly survive in water and/or use of layout materials which have difficulties in maintaining for a long time is subject to point deductions.
* Any entry which can disgrace this Contest is subject to disqualification.
* Entry must be a picture of the entire aquarium that has been taken from the front side (pictures taken from other angles and/or showing only a part of the aquarium are subject to point deductions).
* The copyright of entries belongs to Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. Use of any entry for advertisement and/or publication purposes without consent of Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. is strictly prohibited. Entry disclosed on internet and/or magazine without consent of Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. shall be disqualified from this Contest.
* Private disclosure of entry and publishing of entry on any magazine or other publications must take place only after the official disclosure by Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd.
* Entry that has violated the rules and regulations of this Contest is subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the world ranking.
*Please note that we do not take any questions regarding the grading of the Contest.
- Same work as past years
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself, and photographed within a year prior to submission”.
- Duplicate application
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “Each entrant may submit only one piece of work”.
As it is found to be duplicated, IAPLC steering committee contacts the applicant to confirm just one entry of work.
- Same work registered under several different applicant names (e.g. same photo, or same layout photographed from different angles)
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself”. IAPLC steering committee contact each applicant to confirm his/her entry.
- Simultaneous Submission to Non-ADA-authorized Contests
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself. Entered photograph must have been taken within one year prior to submission”.
Any simultaneous submission of identical work, whether an identical or different photo cut, to other contests is prohibited. Entry that violates it is subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the world ranking. The submission of an identical work to the following ADA-authorized contests is accepted only if the contestant shall not release the work on the internet, publications or any distribution media prior to the official result announcement by ADA.
- Entry works which are hard to identify as planted aquarium
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “Any entry which can disgrace this Contest is subject to disqualification”.
* The picture of the layout can be taken by any person other than the creator of the layout.
* Entry must be made under the name of the creator of the layout. Entry that is made under a false name or any name other than the creator’s (including the name of a family member or acquaintance) shall be disqualified.
* Entrant who provides any inaccurate or insufficient information for entry and/or registration may not be able to participate in the Contest.
* Submitted photographs/data files will not be returned.
* Entrants must submit image data created with a compact digital camera, digital single lens reflex camera or others. Any image data captured with a cell phone or smart phone is not accepted.
ADA-Authorized Contests in the World
* The submission of the identical work to the following ADA-authorized local contests being held around the world is approved only if the applicant shall not release the work by the Internet, publication or any distribution media prior to the official result announcement by ADA.
AGA International Aquascaping Contest
Organizer：Aquatic Gardeners Association
European Aquatic Plants Layout Contest (EAPLC)
Organizer：European Aquaristics GmbH（Germany）
The Great Indian Aquascaping Contest（TGIAC）
Organizer：Still Water Aquatics（India）
Hungarian Aquascaping Contest（HAC）
Organizer：Green Aqua LLC.（Hungary）
No Entry fee
Application (please choose one of below)
Digital data / Online application
・Only images in JPEG format, less than 5MB insize, is accepted (RAW data cannot be accepted).
・Do not make any image processing such as trimming or retouch. Please do not delete Exif information.
・Online application is available at the official website of the IAPLC. Online application can be completed easily by providing required information and specifying the attaching data.
・If the image data is resized for submission, the original image data must be retained. The original data is required for top-winning entries.
Color Reversal Film
・Any film size is accepted.
・Put the film in a mount, and write your name on the mount.
・Send the mounted film and application form (photocopy accepted) together.
・Print in 2L size (127×178mm) or larger (photocopy not accepted).
・Write your name on the back of the print.
・Send the print and application form (photocopy accepted) together.
Application Submission / inquiry
The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest Steering Committee
AQUA DESIGN AMANO CO., LTD.
8554-1 Urushiyama, Nishikan-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata, 953-0054 JAPAN